Friday, July 15, 2005

21st Century Couples

I received a press release this morn about the "21st Century Wedding Contest." Basically, the gist of it is: a lucky "21st Century Couple," will win a destination wedding at a beautiful Starwood Hotel in Hawaii. The contest, in and of itself, doesn't interest me much (I mean , sure a free wedding and a trip to Hawaii *would* be kind of cool, but that's a long ass plane ride). What does interest me quite a bit is their definition of a "21st Century Couple."

The press release actually does provide a pretty interesting recap of the current state of affairs in the world of online wedding planning. If they are on target (and I don't know about you, but my fingers and toes are crossed that they are), the internet will continue to play a major league role in wedding planning, which can only translate into more and more profits for those of us settin' up shop on the good ole' www. The release even insinuates that certain jobs (like that of a wedding planner) may soon become obsolete.

It totally makes sense to me, especially since I too have recently become a bride-to-be. If I am thinking of a particular vendor and I find out that they don't have a website...forget it. You are off my list. Not only are you off my list, but I might even send you a letter complaining about your lack of a url. On the flipside, a great website can win me over in moments. For instance, I nearly had to control myself from leaning in and trying to lick the icing off of my screen after checking out Confetti Cakes. Yes, I do realize that there isn't actually icing *on* my screen, but my point is I forgot for a moment.

No comments: