Monday, May 08, 2006

What's your ideal scene?

My cousin Meri introduced me to the concept of writing out an ideal scene about five years ago. The idea is basically that you imagine, in detail, a scene in your life that you would like to manifest--either now or in the future. I used to think it was kind of corny and reluctantly agreed to do it several times before really understanding its value.

Several years later, I'm a really strong believer in putting certain energies out into the universe--i.e. if you want to be successful in your business, talk about being successful, think about being successful, imagine yourself as successful and act as if you are already as successful as you want to be. Amazingly, soon enough you are, indeed, successful. This sounds pretty basic, I know, but as someone who grew up thinking that discussing a certain subject or outcome that you wished for would "jinx" it and ensure it would never happen, its pretty revolutionary for me.

In thinking back on my life, at the times I was most successful and experienced the most marked changes and achievements, I was doing this all along without knowing it.

I'm now a believer. If you want to check out a fantabulous book that actually managed to put me on this course, you should read Wayne Dyer's You'll See It When You Believe It.

In the meantime, write out your own ideal scene.

No comments: