Friday, March 07, 2008

Mom2B Recap

I survived my first tradeshow!!

I didn't get as many orders as I would have liked but overall, the show was a great learning experience. For example, I learned to ask more questions about the buyers & exhibitors before forking over my booth deposit. This particular show is very apparel-heavy so a lot of the buyers were only interested in clothing. Everyone that stopped by the PaperMama booth loved what they saw, so that was encouraging!

On the bright side, I met so many wonderful ladies, mompreneurs, etc.

Renae Plant of [bump] babies was not only my booth neighbor, but it turns out we live in the same neighborhood in LA. A very cool coincidence. I blame Renae 100% for the severe case of baby fever that I contracted at the show. This mama was working the show with her 2 week old son who was beyond adorable. After 3 days drooling over him, I am ready to start negotiations for Baby #2.

Another neighbor was the super-sweet Heather of Brealyn Bounty Bug. Her and BFF Crissy were the comic relief for our row. Such a fun pair of gals. Heather created the Prego Planner and I have to tell you, for a Type A gal like me, this is just what I need once Baby #2 is confirmed.

I also got to meet a gal from Earth Mama Angel Baby. I LOVE this company! All their products are 100% toxin-free, cruelty-free, vegan and best of all, they smell yummy. During my first pregancy, I lubed up with their Stretch Oil, morning and night. I swear by this stuff - I had a 10+lb baby and not ONE stretch mark. They also have this fantastic Happy Mama spray that cures nausea, post-partum blues and calms down cranky toddlers.

OK, well I am off to finish unpacking my wares and start planning for the next show. I will be exhibiting at Baby Celebration LA in April. After doing more research, this show seems to be a good fit.

If there are any SoCal moms who would like to go to the show, contact me and I will hook you up with some passes.

No comments: