Wednesday, January 04, 2006

User Friendly Resolutions

I'm not the hugest fan of new year's resolutions.

I love the *idea* of making resolutions: identifying something in your life you want to change and doing it. The problem is that most of us don't stick with it and then the whole association with new year's resolutions becomes one of disappointment/shame/bitterness, etc. So whatever it is you wanted to change, doesn't get changed and then you just feel bad about it. Am I just speaking for myself here? Perhaps.

Personally, I've begun the practice of making resolutions all year long. I don't make such a big deal about it and don't associate it with the normal resolution song and dance b.s., but who needs a january 1st date to actually make a change. Not me!

Having said that, it is always nice to be reminded that we have the power to make these changes in our own lives, and the first of the year does provide a nice starting point for that.

So, for those of us who are making resolutions (however they might look for you), Yahoo has a nice article on how to break them down into nice bite-sized bits. Happy resolving, everyone!

No comments: