Wednesday, February 20, 2008

MOM2B Tradeshow

So, I am not sure if I mentioned that both of the sites are going live on March 1st. Yay! Very exciting/nerve-wracking/cold-sweat-inducing.

And because I just love to have a full plate at all times, I am exhibiting PaperMama at the Mom2B Tradeshow in Vegas on March 3rd and 4th. Which means I am leaving LA on March 1st to drive to Vegas and start setting up. What was I thinking?! The same day my sites go live, I head out of town?

This will be my first tradeshow and I am excited and confident that things will go well. Mind you, I have no idea what to expect but I think this is a great opportunity to show off PaperMama. Plus, I just found out that we will be the only stationery booth at the show. Sweet!


As always, Erica has been a fountain of knowledge and support. She has a lot more experience with much bigger tradeshows. I have taken her words of wisdom to heart (comfortable shoes - check). It is so nice to have someone who knows what you are going through and can give you advice, tell you that everything will be fine and basically remind you to breathe.

In addition to getting everything together for the Go Live date, I have also been running around getting all my tradeshow stuff in order. I ordered some wholesale order forms from Carbonless Forms, which I am really excited about. Here's a little nugget about me: I love to file and organize. So the idea of writing up an order, giving the buyer a copy and then processing the order and filing my copy makes me a bit giddy. I know, I know. Weird. Love me or leave me, people.

I have also been working on getting press kits together. That's a fun but daunting task. There are so many components. I am going to do my best to post a picture when I am done. If I don't remember, remind me. I need a gentle nudge every now and again.

Ok, I am off to finish our press release and try to cross off at least 5 of the 254,264,267 things on my To Do list.

3 comments:

Ms. O said...

I love that you are documenting this process. I teach HS entrepreneur and it will be exciting for us to peek into your world once in a while.

Mandy said...

You should totally join us over at the Inspiration Board http://xsorbit30.com/users5/inspirationboard/index.php

It's a forum for all the "newbies" and oldies in the stationery biz!

Sabrina said...

Hi,

I'm interested in the MOM2B tradeshow as an exhibitor but I can't make it for this year. How much did you pay per sq.m of floor space? I probably need to start budgeting and saving up for the trade show next year!

Regards,
Sabrina
sabsay@gmail.com