Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Make it your mission

Most successful companies have mission statements laying around somewhere. Schools have em', non profit organizations. It's a really cool idea, actually: let's sit down and clarify exactly what it is we're hoping to do in the world, how we're going to do it and what we hope to accomplish.

So, when I came across this article on The Five Step Plan for Creating Personal Mission Statements, it struck me as surprising that I've never considered doing this for myself. I can see the possibility of something like this changing more often for me than it might for xyz big, rich company, however, I still think its a great idea. In fact, I wish I had one right now to refer to...to motivate me to get my ass off the couch...encourage me to get through one more monotonous day at work...so I can come home, work on my biz and do some things I *really* want to do. I need one of these puppies badly.

No comments: