Thursday, April 06, 2006

Spot Scout

Yet another entry in my "why the hell didn't I think of that" list: Spot Scout.

This is a service that helps people aimlessly driving around in search of a parking spot find one. They even allow those who have spots available in their driveway "rent" them out to would be takers.

This site is a perfect example of a new trend being referred to as "Infolust":
Experienced consumers are lusting after detailed information on where to get the best of the best, the cheapest of the cheapest, the first of the first, the healthiest of the healthiest, the coolest of the coolest, or on how to become the smartest of the smartest. Instant information gratification is upon us.

So forget information overload: this desire for relevant information is insatiable, and will soon move from the online world to the ‘real’ world to achieve true ubiquity. Get ready for a click-and-know, point-and-know, text-and-know, hear-and-know, smell-and-know, touch-and-know and snap-and-know world.


I'm pretty darn lusty for info myself (though I have never licked my blackberry as that woman pictured).

No comments: