Friday, March 18, 2005

Key to the City?

As a small business owner in New York City, the idea of getting my own office was sort of akin to believing that my hands don't get that dirty when I hang on to that disease-infested pole on the subway that everyone and their brother touch, lick and god knows what else--it seemed like an absolute pipedream. That is, until I read an article in the New York Times about these two guys who came up with the brilliant idea of allowing groups of like-minded small biz owners to rent cubicles and share office space. Ok, this is seriously brilliant! AND, i can bring my dog!? How could this be? But, it's true...Sunshine Suites offers locations throughout the city and rents start at just $295 including high-speed internet access, phone lines, security, utilities and all the photocopies you can manage to make. I'm not ready to take the leap just yet, but when I am, Sunshine Suites is def going to be first on my list.

No comments: