Thursday, March 17, 2005

Who, What, When, Where & Why?

Several years ago I came across an amazing website discountmagazines.com. I say "amazing" because I have what some would call a severe obsession with magazines. I love the smooth paper, the colorful pictures, the bite-sized articles...and I bought A LOT of them. This quickly added up to (gulp) thousands of dollars (and I know this because I figured it out for my tax return). Now that I'm starting my own business, its actually super duper important that I read lots of magazines. I need to keep up with what people like, colors they're wearing, trends, things that have fallen off of the radar, etc. I'm not quite sure how they do it, but this website allows you to subscribe to a ton of mainstream titles for, well...next to nothing. For the amount of money I would spend at the gift shop at the airport before hopping on a flight, I can get 4 or 5 yearly subscriptions. It's really pretty fantastico. Here's a list of my current subscriptions (in no particular order): US Weekly, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Martha Stewart Weddings, Brides, Modern Bride, New York Magazine, Wired, Inc., Allure, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Lucky, In Style, HOW, Elle Decor (does anyone think I've gone overboard?)

No comments: