Friday, March 11, 2005

To have and to hold? The Anti-Bride




Around the time I was hit with my idea for Paper Bride, I started noticing that there seemed to be this whole movement afoot in the wide world of weddings to recognize this group of savvier, independent, less traditional brides. Carolyn Gerin pretty handily picked up on this notion as well and has written some pretty fab books on the subject. My favorite in the bunch is the original Anti-Bride: Tying the Knot Outside of the Box. As I think about the audience for our card line, I often think of the phrase "anti bride"--which for me mostly refers to someone who wants to do things differently...isn't so concerned about pleasing mom, dad or whomever else, and just wants to throw a fun, fab wedding. I love that Carolyn Gerin defined this for me...and hope that some "anti-brides" will soon become "paper brides."

No comments: