Friday, March 03, 2006

Bloglines, please

I'm one of those people who, when I find something I love, I don't really let up until everyone I know loves it too. I've done this with Tivo. I'm pretty sure I don't have any friends or family members left who don't own it (so if you're looking to strike up a friendship with me, you may want to hit up a Best Buy before introducing yourself). I have similar zealous feelings about Apple, Jet Blue and the newest member of my coterie, Commerce Bank.

There are plenty of sites and programs I love online, as well, but right now, there is nothing that manages to win my affection more than Bloglines. My post today is for everyone who might be reading this who does not have a bloglines account: PLEASE GET ONE. I promise you, it will totally change your websurfing experience.

Bloglines is a news aggregator that neatly and super easily helps you keep track of every news site and blog you like to visit through RSS feeds. If you read more than 3 blogs a day (and let's get real, if you are here, you're likely making some pit stops at some other fine urls on the www), bloglines will help you keep track of everywhere you want to go and everything you want to read. You can look at your bloglines feeds and quickly see if a particular blog or site has been updated (and how many posts have recently been posted). You can make folders to categorize your feeds, so that if you want to quickly get a bird's eye view of what's going in your "business" category, you can see that Startup Journal has added 2 stories since your last visit, or that Wired has added 10. And really folks, this is just the tip of the iceberg. You can track packages this way, keywords (through Google alerts, so if you want to be notified everytime a news story shows up with the word "wedding" in it, this will let you know), press releases...everything!

Here is a fantastic step-by-step roundup on exactly how to set up your own bloglines account (with screenshots!).

I promise you each that you will really, truly, madly, deeply love it. If not, I'm happy to offer you a full, money back guarantee.

Bloglines, is free though. Really, it will change your web surfing like 4 evah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet I'm the only one of my friends who uses bloglines. I must convert them!!